Monday, March 19, 2012

March rain brings April Flowers?

This awesome weather and cleansing rain, works for me.  I am sooooo darn eager to get to the garden.  It won't be long (under 50 days) before school is out and I want to be ready.

Meanwhile, on this rainy Monday night. I made some delicious granola....It started with a recipe and then deviated with what I had and liked.  So here it is...

Grab and go granola

3 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
1 teas vanilla extract
1/4 teas cinnamon
2 cups of your favorite add ins...heres mine: sliced almonds,Special K cinnamon pecan cereal, golden flax seed, dried cranberries,
Instructions
1 preheat oven 325
line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment I used foil
2 whisk together oil, honey, molasses, cinnamon pour over oats and toss well
3 spread mixture on baking sheet bake 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 5 minutes

I pressed warm mixture into an oiled glass deep pie plate so I could cut it into bars

Last step...ENjoy!

store in airtight container for up to 2 weeks....like it will last for 2 weeks without being scarfed down?
This is a delicious snack with chamomile tea with Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment