Saturday, September 11, 2010

Summer's officially over!

Finished the first week of 2010-2011.  The students and staff were both pretty quiet-I believe we're all in denial! I know I am.   The leaves are starting to turn and the evenings bring a autumn chill.  We ordered corn for the corn stove.  I believe in optimism, I am optimistic that if I am ready for winter it will wait.

Our fun summer get away to bayfield, Wi. is but a sweet memory.  I am hoping we get to do a nice autumn getaway too.  To go hiking in the beauty of autumn color while taking in thesweet crisp scents, sipping our hot cocoa while the scent of burning leaves surrounds us.

We must make it close to an apple orchard so we can go visit there and make some of my killer apple carmel pie.  ( maybe two!)  right, Angie?

It will be tricky to schedule it in with our oldest son Scott, doing the 25 mile bike ride in a couple of weeks and Myself and friends...and all my blog readers...yeah both of you...doing a 5 k walk on September 18th?  I'll check the date and sign us up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment